The Romanian-U.S. Fulbright Commission announces the Fulbright-RAF (Romanian-American Foundation) Scholar Award, dedicated to Romanian academics from technical universities and faculties who wish to carry out a semester-long fellowship in residence at the University of Rochester – AIN Center for Entrepreneurship, for study and independent research, curriculum development, classroom observation and participation in community-based entrepreneurial activities.
he success of the program entails visionary professors committed to learning and implementing best practices in entrepreneurship education as well as university administrators committed to supporting new programs for their students.
The program starts in August 2017 and will provide the Romanian fellows with valuable experience enabling them to develop high-quality entrepreneurship education opportunities for university students throughout Romania.
Eligible Fields: Entrepreneurship & Product Development
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
• hold Romanian citizenship; green card holders and persons with dual (Romanian and U.S.) citizenship are ineligible;
• hold a PhD degree and carry out regular teaching responsibilities;
• demonstrate interest and ability to fully participate in the educational experience and to implement entrepreneurship education upon return;
• show willingness to advance educational innovation through development of a national entrepreneurship education association;
• have the support* of their home university for achievement of high impact results for Romanian students;
• show a proficiency in English corresponding to the activities required by this type of program; a language proficiency test is not required.
*Home university administrators should submit the University Letter of Support to confirm their support for scholar’s participation in the program and also for implementation of entrepreneurship education opportunities upon his/her return.
Each applicant will be required to submit:
• an online application form (https://apply.embark.com/student/fulbright/scholars/);
• a personal statement uploaded to the online application;
• one letter of support, provided by your home university administrator/vice-rector or faculty dean using thestandard form directly uploaded to the online application, by October 31st, 2016 (postmarked);
• the applicant’s CV, along with a valid passport copy, plus dependent’s valid passports (if need be), uploaded to the corresponding sections of the online application;
The applicants are strongly encouraged to refer to the application instructions HERE
Application deadline: Monday, October 31st, 2016
- As part of the program, administrators from selected universities will be invited to visit the U.S. during the residency semester to learn about the grantees’ experience and observe an active entrepreneurial ecosystem first hand.
- Short-listed candidates will be invited to an in-person interview conducted in English.
- All the required documents must be submitted in English no later than Monday, October 31st, 2016. Documents will not be returned. Only online applications will be accepted;
For any questions concerning the application process, contact us at: ; or
• applications are pre-screened for eligibility and completeness;
• the assessment of the projects is performed by Fulbright alumni and leading Romanian and U.S. scholars in the respective fields of expertise;
• the applicants recommended by reviewers will be invited to an in-person interview conducted in English by a bi-national panel, in January, 2017;
• the nominated finalists are subject to final approval by the Foreign Scholarship Board (FSB).
APPLICATIONS OR SUPPORTING MATERIALS RECEIVED AFTER THE DEADLINE WILL BE DEEMED INELIGIBLE.
The Fulbright online application system is called Embark and is used by all Fulbright Commissions worldwide. Each Commission sets its own policies, procedures and country-specific instructions for filling out the online application. Before beginning an application carefully check the requirements included in the announcement of the Fulbright/RAF Award program and the application instructions.